Friday, June 10, 2011

Days 9 & 10: Peg Magnets & Zucchini Ricotta Cheesecake

So happy it's Friday today. Has been a looooong week. Too much work, assignments, happening! I need to write lists inside of lists and every day something new comes up. But it's Sabbath now... and no need to think about any of it! Yes!

Ok, Here is yesterday & today's creations.  I kind of did them both today but shhh, no one needs to know!



Today I made some magnetic pegs - I needed more magnets, especially useful ones that can hold stuff! So I decided to make these. I planned on spray painting them but of course, my spray paint was all used up. So I hand painted them. Didn't come up as nice as I hoped but still, they look cute. I kind of forgot my fridge was yellow so they blend in but if you've got a white fridge they would look cute :) 

If you want to make them, here are the easy peasy steps:

1. Take some wooden pegs (I stole these straight out of my peg basket!)
2. Paint any colour your heart desires
3. Take an old magnet and cut into strips
4. Glue to back of peg
5. Add any decorations you want to the front - I used embroidery thread which I had out from my friendship bracelets.



On the fridge



Today I discovered a few great blogs/websites that have stacks of vegetarian recipes! Perfect seeing I'm a vego. So I decided to try some out. Not completely creative but good enough I say! I tried the Zucchini Ricotta Cheesecake from 101 Cookbooks and Rhubarb and Raspberry Costata from Lottie + Doof.  Both turned out really well and tasted delicious! 


This recipe used dill, which I am quite excited to say that I have growing in my little pot garden. It came up and I almost pulled it thinking it was a weed but then I crushed some and realised it was dill. Then I remembered planting some seeds that I had from left over dill. It tasted so so good. If you don't use dill regularly, I suggest you try it because it is one of the yummiest herbs I think! Maybe that's because I'm part Polish.... but... doesn't everyone like dill?  Do you like dill?



No comments:

Post a Comment